I love cooking. Ever since I was young, I loved being in the kitchen (mostly baking, if I’m being honest) experimenting with different things. I lost it in college and only recently re-discovered my love for baking and cooking. Only now, my cooking is much healthier (and tastes a lot better too!) Tonight, while waiting for Tim to get home, I decided to bust out a few recipes I found in Clean Eating and on a blog that I am hooked on called ohsheglows.com. Be sure to check it out!!
First up was from Ohsheglows.com. Here is a link to this awesome cake!
Next, I was delighted by Clean Eatings Black Bean Fudgy Cakes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 oz dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1 1/2 cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 8 individual ramekins or 1 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 tbsp water mixed in.
- Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg white, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce and honey in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into prepared ramekins or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides, about 20 minutes for ramekins and 30 minutes for baking dish. Garnish each piece with a dollop of nonfat Greek-style yogurt, if desired.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 230, Total Fat: 12 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 28 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 19 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 120 mg, Cholesterol: 45 mg
Then, I added a twist to Clean Eatings Almond Butter Cookies (look under my recipes for the original!). I added chopped coconut and oats to the dough. After they cooled for a bit, I spooned in some Nancy’s Organic Maple Yogurt in between and turned them into DELICIOUS cookie sandwiches!! Here they are in the oven!!!
Finally, in preparation for a dinner get together, I made a simple Strawberry Salad.
1 bag spinach
1 pint strawberries- washed and cut
Balsamic Vinegarette to taste
Mix and enjoy! Pairs nicely with a lighter chicken dish!