I have enjoyed a number of benefits from the blend of Paleo and Crossfit which keeps me steady as a rock in the face of laziness, boredom and occasional cravings for anything but meat and veggies. I’ve been at it since August 6th (though I have been grain free for about 4 months now) and already I can see amazing results. Here they are in no particular order (though I am thrilled about #1):
-Absence of fat drooping over the top my workout shorts
– The ability to eat fruit, squash and sweet potatoes with no “food baby” the next day
– The cutting down from eating 6-7x/day to 3-4x/day
– The absolute removal of nighttime snacking
– Not being voraciously hungry when I wake up
– No crash after lunch
– As much fat as my heart desires
– Having more energy than ever to workout
– No longer fear Fight Gone Bad or Tabata (ok, maybe just a little)
– Clear skin, no under eye bags and amazingly soft hair
– No mood swings (that are caused by crazy blood sugar levels, that is)
– No more butt dimples or cottage cheese thighs (still chippin away at the saddlebags though)
– My calves are .75 of an inch smaller (If you know me, this is a huge victory)
– I sleep through the night and wake up every morning at 7, no alarm clock necessary
– I can see my muscles because there is no carb bloat
– I feel more balanced and definitely more body aware
-Not counting calories or ounces or portion sizing anything
– Not craving sugar, breads or crap (finally!!!!!)
– My new mantra: Stand more, sit less
– My new 2.5 pack (I will get to 6 I swear!)
– My handstand can beat yours!
You can follow my zaney journey by clicking on the Crossfit Gresham Page.
There are more, but I think you get the picture. Seriously, 30 days. Try it. I dare you! Come try Crossfit and see what your body is capable of. I dare you. In fact, I double dog dare you!!