Did you know that stress produces Cortisol and that excess Cortisol gets stored in two places: the butt and the gut! Cortisol helps your metabolism to burn fat for fuel and use sugars (glucose) instead of storing them. If your levels are way out of whack, it can lead to inflammation, adrenal fatigue and excess fat storage in your tummy and hiney.
What does banana bread have to do with Cortisol?? Lot’s! The foods we eat play a huge role in our hormone production! That’s why eating organic produce and meat is sooo important. Since today is Day 1 of the Paleo Challenge, I wanted to give you a recipe to help start your day off right. Studies show that a good breakfast within an hour of waking will keep you more energized, keep those fat burners firing and help you feel less stressed throughout the day!
So, I present to you….
Paleo Banana Bread
3 eggs, separated
5 tbsp honey (I used 3 packets of Truvia)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups almond flour or finely grounded almonds
– Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Spray loaf pan. I used two mini loaf pans.
– Cream the egg yolks and honey in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
– Add the oil, vanilla, mashed banana, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and almond flour and combine well.
– In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
– Fold egg whites into the banana mixture to pull it away from the sides before gradually folding the rest of the egg whites into the mixture.
– Pour the banana mixture into your desired pan (you could also use muffin tins)
– Place in the oven for 40-45 mins.
Serve and enjoy with some Earth Balance (soy, dairy free spread)!
Check out this Blog for more awesome Paleo bread recipes (read the infredients first to make sure it is legit!)