A friend of mine recently gave me a ton of pears straight from her parents garden! I have been waiting anxiously all week for these little guys to ripen and finally the time has come!!
I’ve mentioned before a recipe or two from Elana’s Pantry. She has an awesome cookbook out called The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook– Delish!! I have really enjoyed looking through her amazing recipes, especially since a lot of them fit right in with the Paleo lifestyle. You should definitely check it out! The thing I like about using almond flour instead of grain flour is that it does’t give you the bloated puffy tummy after eating it!! Hence, Flat Belly Cobbler!
I modified her Apple Blackberry Crisp to include my delicious pears. I hope you enjoy it!
Pear Blackberry Crisp
Modified from Elana’s Pantry
- 6 pears, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder ( I subbed Corn Starch)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Or grapeseed/coconut)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (I used 2 packets of Truvia)
- Place pears and blackberries in a large bowl
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, vanilla and arrowroot, tossing to incorporate all ingredients
- Place pear-blackberry mixture in an 8×8 inch Pyrex baking dish and set aside
- To make topping, in a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, oil and agave
- Crumble topping over pear-blackberry mixture
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350° for 60 to 75 minutes until fruit is juicy and bubbling
- Remove from oven and uncover
- If topping is browned, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- If topping is not yet browned place in oven uncovered for 5 minutes, or until browned
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you Elana for this awesome recipe and easy to follow instructions! This is an awesome recipe!! Probably one of the best crisps I have ever had! And, with no added sugar!!!