I looove quinoa! I think it is delightfully decadent and very versital, for a grain. So, here is one of my favorite breakfast treats!
Quinoa Broccoli Bake
- 1 cup Quinoa, Uncooked
- 4 eggs (if you want to go lean, try 5 egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli Flowerets, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, choppped
- 1 1/2 cups soy/almond/non-fat Milk
- 1/4 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- Salt, to tase (or, sprinkle feta cheese on top)
Rinse and cook quinoa with 2 cups boiling water covered for 15 minutes.
Grease 9″ pie plate and set aside.
Wisk eggs and milk together.
Add broccoli and tomatoe to quinoa and let sit covered 5 minutes.
Place quinoa mix into pie pan. Stir milk/egg mix over it, mixing gently. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.