I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love it because it makes me feel powerful and strong, I get lost in the simple motion, I love the gear and there is nothing quite as awesome as the endorphin rush right after a lengthy jaunt. I hate it because it twists my hips, splints my shins, inflames my knee and tightens my back. However, I would never give it up, not for all the knee braces in the world. Why, you ask? Have you ever ran across a finish line? Ever heard your name called out as you beat your previous finish times? Gone farther than you ever dreamed you could? That my friend, is why I will take the pain!
Anyways, part of the reason I love to run is because of the gear. It can be as simple as a pair of shoes or as elaborate as a whole outfit. Here are some of my favorite items to take running:
– Nike Vomero Running Shoes: I looove these shoes!! I am obsessed with the cushioning in the heel, the grip on the sole, the support from the ankle and the neutral arch. These are by far my favorite running shoes of all!
– Polar Heart Rate Monitor: This little baby has taken my running to a whole new level!! I love being able to watch my heart rate soar during sprints or stabilize during longer runs. Even though the chest strap is annoying, I still love to keep track of calories burned and time logged on the open road.
– Nike Running Shorts: I love the breathability of the these shorts. At $25 a pop, they are totally worth it! I have about 4 pairs that I cycle through. They don’t ride up or cut into your “muffin top”.
– Lululemon Racerback Tank: I think this is possibly my most favorite item. Tank tops provide the fashionable aspect of running. I love to have on a pretty tank top- it makes me smile. My recent purchase/investment on a Lululemon Racerback tank has been amazing. I love the strechiness of the Luon fabric and length that provides more than adequate coverage.
– Under Armor Sports Bra: I love the UA sports bra because of it’s amazing ability to wic away sweat and keep my feeling dry and comfortable. I appreciate good support! I read a review on Lululemon where one gal described support as”keeping my shenanigans where they belong”. Awesome!
This is the gear that I rely on. I am still searching for the right socks, visor and underoos. I would love to hear your opinions on what you sport when you’re out walking or running!