How many of you skip breakfast because you simply don’t have time in the morning?? What if I offered you a solution that will not only make mornings easier, but help you rev up your metabolism too??
Enter breakfast cereal to go. I am not talking about sugary cereals or something that will leave you hungry an hour later. I am talking whole grain goodness here!!
There are many types of grains that you can use to make a good hot breakfast. Some of my favorites are:
-Steel Cut Oats (aka Irish Oatmeal)
What I do is Sunday night, I pull out my sauce pan and get water boiling. I cook about 4 servings worth of grains and cook it. After it is done, I put it into 4 containers and add my toppings! Some of my favorite combos include:
-Lemon Poppyseed (poppyseeds, ground flax seed, fresh lemon juice, and walnuts)
– Cranberry Bliss (cranberries, slivered almonds, ground flax and cinnamon)
– Pumpkin Pie- (canned pumpkin, flax seed, pepitas, pumpkin pie spice)
– PB&J- (Chunky peanut butter, stawberries, flax)
– Apple Pie- (Apples, cinnamon, flax seed, pecans)
– Cinnamon Raisin Swirl-( Raisins, cinnamon, vanilla)
So, as you can see, you can make breakfast for the whole week in less than an hour!
So, give it a try and see what fun creations you can come up with!